New to liv.rent’s Landlord Plans, we’ve added flexible, ‘à la carte’ options for our premium time-saving features. Through a convenient Credit system, landlords & property managers are given more options as to when & how they use built-in solutions like Trust Score tenant screening reports and Automated Multi-Platform Advertising. In this guide, liv.rent will explain the Credit Usage system in more detail as well as go over our many landlord features to help you discover the right solutions for your rental business.
Find the right renters faster with the Trust Score
Unlock an easier, more effective way to screen renters. The Trust Score from liv.rent combines credit information from Equifax®️, income & employment verification, court records, and more into one easy-to-understand score. Click here to view an example of the Trust Score.
What are Credits?
Within the liv.rent platform, credits are a form of digital currency which landlords & property managers can use to unlock additional features. Credits for certain features come pre-loaded in our Growth and Business plans, while users on our free Essentials plan can purchase add-on features on an ‘à la carte’ basis.
Landlords can access a variety of time-saving features and renting solutions through the credit system. These features were designed to provide an extra boost to your productivity, helping you find reliable tenants and manage your listings more efficiently and effectively.
Here are brief explanations of some of the features that can be unlocked either through credits or liv.rent’s premium Landlord Plans.
- Tenant Screening Report — The Trust Score gives landlords a comprehensive report on applicants’ suitability complete with Equifax® credit information, income & employment verification documents, a detailed risk assessment, and more.
- Sponsored Listings — Sponsored Listings help boost your inquiries and applications when you need it most with front & centre placement on our listing pages. Starting at just $1.72/day, landlords can customize when, and for how long their Sponsored Listings appear to deliver maximum results at crucial times.
- Automated Multi-Platform Advertising — Your listing will be shared to popular rental platforms like Craigslist and Facebook and our team will manage all inquiries.
- Monthly Analytics Report — View a detailed report of your listing’s performance with metrics that will help you reach more renters.
- Company Landing Page — A Company Landing Page displays all your business’ listings in one convenient location with customized branding to stand out from the competition. There are two types of company landing pages on liv.rent: Standard for Growth users and Custom for landlords on our Business plan. Only Custom Company Landing Pages display customized branding for your business.
- Addendums by liv.rent — Use pre-loaded, lawyer-vetted lease addendums to bulletproof your contracts and add details to smoking, pet, and parking policies plus more. For Business users, Custom Addendums allows you to upload your own existing addendums for use directly on liv.rent.
The liv.rent Credit Usage system explained
The new Credit Usage system makes it easier to access premium features with more ways to pay for the solutions you need. Here’s how landlords can access & view their credits, purchase additional credits, and use them to unlock features.
Accessing the Credit Usage page
Landlords can learn more about and unlock additional features for their listings by navigating to the Credit Usage page located on the left sidebar. Here, Growth and Business users can see the features available through their Landlord Plan by using the My Products tab, as well as a list of all available features under the All Products tab. For convenience, this can also be sorted into Tenant Screening, Rental Advertising, and Leases & Payments sections.
Growth & Business Plans
For landlords and property managers on liv.rent’s Growth or Business plans, you’ll notice that some features are already unlocked in the My Products tab. You can also view how many credits you have available and use remaining credits to unlock certain features. Credits included in premium plans reset each month on your billing date, but you can purchase more credits as needed if you use your included credits.
For users on liv.rent’s free Essentials Plan, you can unlock additional features like Tenant Screening Reports or Sponsored Listings on a pay-per-use basis. Once you click “Buy more” you’ll be redirected to a payment screen to complete your purchase. Additional features under the All Products tab can be unlocked by upgrading your plan and/or contacting sales.
How to use credits
To use your available credits, simply follow the instructions next to each feature. Some features can be unlocked by clicking “Use Credit” while for others you’ll need to contact our Support Team to set them up.
For example, clicking on Sponsored Listings will take you to a screen that allows you to select which listing you’d like to use your credit on. Similarly, clicking on Tenant Screening Reports will take you to your Applications page for you to select a tenant, and Addendums will take you to the Contract section of your Landlord Dashboard.
Which Landlord Plan is right for you?
Landlords on liv.rent can post unlimited listings, message renters, sign standard digital leases, and collect rent for free with liv.rent’s Essentials Plan, and can access premium features like Automated Multi-Platform Advertising and Trust Score tenant screening reports on a pay-per-use basis.
For landlords and property managers looking to further streamline their rental process and gain access to features used by top professionals, liv.rent’s new premium plans are here to make renting even easier. Both the Growth and business plans include credits each month that can be used to unlock additional tenant screening & advertising solutions – plus unlimited access to addendums (standard for Growth users, custom for Business), and more.
You can compare different liv.rent plans here to find the right option for your rental business.
How liv.rent’s premium features help get listings rented faster
Now with new ‘à la carte’ purchasing options, liv.rent’s advanced time-saving features are more accessible to landlords at all levels, giving you access to the same tools used by professionals.
Whether your listing could use a boost with Automated Multi-Platform Advertising or you’re hoping to identify the perfect tenant through the Trust Score, our technology-driven features help streamline time-consuming tasks and make renting easier, safer, and more convenient for landlords.
You can read more about some of our top features in the articles below.
- How liv.rent’s Sponsored Listings fill vacancies faster
- The Trust Score: Explained For Landlords
- Common Lease Addendums And How To Use Them
Learn more and upgrade your landlord plan at liv.rent/pricing.
Rethink The Way You Rent
Subscribe to receive the latest tenant & landlord tips and get notified about changes in the Canadian rental market.
>> Stay up-to-date on the average rent in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal: Rent Reports.