Neighbourhood Guide: Marine and Cambie Hub
Part of South Vancouver’s newest neighbourhood town centre, the W1 towers, located conveniently at the Marine and Cambie hub, offer both furnished and unfurnished 1, 2 and 3 bedroom options to the public.
These beautiful apartments are part of the successful transformation of the Cambie Corridor. This planned community has everything you need. Enjoy world-class amenities, stunning city-mountain views, and shopping and entertainment at your doorstep.
Here are some neighbourhood highlights:
The vibrant, safe and complete community is perfectly located at the gateways to Vancouver and Richmond. A fully integrated transit system offers tenants convenient and reliable access to all parts of the city using the Canada Line – an under and overground train.
CANADA LINE TRAVEL TIME
North to Vancouver
Ø 3 min to Langara
South to Airport and Richmond
Ø 2 min to Great Canadian Casino
There is also a Bike Mobility Centre, operated by the City of Vancouver, which offers a publicly-accessible bike storage facility and features bike repair services.
Besides the extensive and easy public transit options, Marine Gateway also boasts:
- Electric Vehicles Stations: Several parking stalls with charging stations for electric vehicles.
- Car Share: 3rd-party car share services have some designated spots
Marine Gateway boasts 240,000 SF of multi-storey retail, a 14-storey office building, 461 residential homes (market and rental) and gorgeous, landscaped gardens replete with meandering trails and numerous water features.
The retail services include:
- Entertainment – 11-screen Cineplex VIP Movie Theatre
- Fitness – Steve Nash Fitness Club
- Drugstore – Shoppers Drug Mart
- Banks – TD, CIBC and BMO
- Shops & Services – Winners, BCAA Insurance, Marine Gateway Dental, Express News, Rogers Wireless and Sleep Country
- Restaurants & Food – T&T Supermarket, Starbucks, Tim Horton’s, A&W, Subway, Menchie’s, Dublin Crossing, Pink Elephant Thai, Fresh Slice, Panago, Outtakes Backstage Bistro, Marine Gate Liquor Store
In addition, you are 2 stops from Oakridge Centre – one of Vancouver’s best shopping centres. It is soon to be transformed into a spectacular community hub boasting more shops, community amenities, a nine-acre public park and arts programming.
Though Marine Gateway is a vibrant urban neighbourhood, you can escape to more natural surroundings easily. You are about 15 minutes away from Pacific Spirit Regional Park on the UBC peninsula. Here you’ll find an extensive trail system that winds its way through 750 hectares of new and old growth forests. Just across the Fraser River in Richmond, you can enjoy the Sea Island Conservation Area and Iona Beach Regional Park while the city’s iconic Queen Elizabeth Park is a few stops North on the Canada line. Here you can enjoy beautifully landscaped gardens and a visit the tropical gardens inside the MacMillan Bloedel Conservatory.
There are a number of schools nearby conveniently accessible using transit.
- Laurier Elementary and McKechnie Elementary are nearest public elementary schools.
- Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School is the nearest high school.
- Independent schools nearby include Vancouver Montessori School, Vancouver Hebrew Academy, King David High School, Glen Eden School, St. Anthony of Padua school and the Daisy Academy Montessori School
- Langara is one stop away on the Canada line and UBC is easily accessed by Canada Line and the #49 bus from the Langara Station.
Be part of this emerging neighbourhood, apply now using liv.rent to live in the beautiful W1 development and enjoy all the area has to offer!
Check out our other Metro Vancouver neighbourhood guides:
- Main Street
- Commercial Drive
- The West End
- North Vancouver
- Marine & Cambie Hub
- New Westminster Brewery District
- Richmond, BC
Rethink The Way You Rent
Subscribe to receive the latest tenant & landlord tips and get notified about changes in the Canadian rental market.
>> Stay up-to-date on the average rent in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal: Rent Reports