The liv.rent Verification Process
(LAST UPDATED: June 26, 2020 – Additional verification added for listings)
Finally, A Rental Platform That Cares
At liv.rent, we are dedicated to building a trusted rental community and protecting our users from unnecessary headaches in the rental process. To achieve this, every landlord and property manager must verify their profile on liv.rent and every renter must verify their profile once they are actively applying to listings.
Our team manually validates information from external sources (government-issued IDs, land titles, or other official documents) to confirm the identity of users and to check the validity of listings.
This is a priority for us because we’re tired of hearing about identity and financial theft in the rental scene. Unfortunately, renters losing cash deposits and landlords’ homes being advertised in fake listings are just two of many common rental scams.
These verification measures help prevent rental scams and fraud, so that our community can rely on the safety and integrity of our platform to find reliable rentals and leverage all the other benefits and features available within the liv.rent app to rent stress-free.
What does it mean to be verified on the liv.rent platform?
It means heightened credibility either as a landlord or a renter.
Once the verification process is complete, the user or listing will receive a verified badge. This helps our community identify the verified users and listings on our platform.
This icon means users are ID verified. Users with this icon next to their name indicate that their profile name has been matched to a piece of government-issued ID that they submitted.
This icon means rental listings are listing verified. Listings with this icon next to the address indicate that the rental property has been verified by mail or by matching the landlord’s name to official documents, such as land title documents or property tax forms.
Verified renters are 77% more likely to secure a rental as they are more likely to be deemed reliable and desirable, thus increasing their chances of securing the perfect rental.
Verified landlords are more likely to attract good tenants as they receive 3X the inquiries than unverified landlords, and verified listings receive 5X the engagements than unverified listings.
Jump to each section below to find out how you can become verified:
How are renters verified on liv.rent?
Here’s how renters are verified on liv.rent:
- Phone number/carrier verification – When a user signs up, we verify the phone number to their carrier. If a number is flagged as spam or suspicious, our team is notified to investigate further.
- Tenant ID – Government-issued ID is required to verify each user profile. When users upload a picture of their ID, we cross-reference the names on the ID and the profile to ensure they match. All pictures of IDs are securely erased from our system once the verification process is complete.
Refer to our step-by-step tutorial here.
PRO TIP: Make sure your profile name matches the name on your ID. If you have a preferred name, be sure to fill out that field!
While it may seem like a lot of steps to get verified, it’s actually very simple. Renter verification improves your Liv Score, which is part of your Renter Resume and helps your rental applications stand out from other renters’.
While you don’t need to complete your profile to become verified, you will need to complete your profile in order to start applying to your favourite listings. To do so, you will need to upload evidence of employment and income. Valid proof includes bank statements, pay stubs, tax statements, and letters of employment.
See more on how to apply to multiple listings with just one Renter Resume here.
FACT: Verified tenants are 77% more likely to secure a rental.
How are landlords verified on liv.rent?
Here’s how landlords are verified on liv.rent:
- Landlord ID – We verify landlords’ and property managers’ ID in one of two ways:
- Government-issued ID – When users upload a picture of their ID, we cross-reference the names on the ID and the profile to ensure they match. All pictures of IDs are securely erased from our system once the verification process is complete.
- Business license – We verify property managers’ and landlords’ business licenses with the City of Vancouver’s open registry of businesses as well as the Real Estate Council of British Columbia. Valid business and property management licenses are accepted.
- Listings – We have a dedicated liv.rent team that manually checks and verifies each listing. There are two options to verify listings. Any suspicious or duplicated listings are flagged and hidden until one of the following occurs:
- Verify by documents – Official documents accepted include land title documents and property tax forms. For property managers and other landlords representing the property owner, representation documents are also accepted.
- Verify by mail – Alternatively, landlords can request for a postcard to be sent to the rental property. The postcard includes a code that the landlord can enter into the app to verify the listing.
In order to verify a listing by document, landlords will have to verify their ID first as we match the verified profile’s name to the documents.
Refer to our step-by-step tutorial here.
PRO TIP: All published listings with unverified profiles are hidden within a week, so make sure you verify your ID or your listing!
|FACT: Verified landlords receive 3X the inquiries and verified listings receive 5X the engagements than those who are not|
With verified listings and landlords, avoid rental scams & save time with digital applications and contracts.
Sign up here.