Going paperless is not a new idea but making the switch requires not only smart, robust technology but the will to make it happen. Though change is good, human nature often resists it. However, there is little debate that by eliminating a paper trail, you’ll save valuable time and more importantly, improve what is known as the ‘TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE’ – people, profit and the planet.
Here’s a few reasons to push your property management company in the paperless direction.
- Easy access to key documents. Adopt a way of electronic mobile file sharing that enables you to access all necessary documents required to secure leases. Microsoft’s One Drive, Google docs and Dropbox are commonly used, effective tools for this purpose.
- Simplified process for adding properties. Use an app like liv.rent that enables you to easily add a new property by uploading information once. Taking on new properties becomes an easy standardized process.
- Easier collection of rent payments. Move away from the logistical nightmare of cheque collection by adopting a user-friendly tool that facilitates on line payment. liv.rent also offers this functionality. Tenants can pay by credit card or electronic funds transfer. Trust us, your tenants will love you!
- Less time spent in dispute resolution. By managing rent payments on line, you create a digital paper trail so when a resident claims to have made a payment, you can check the system instantly to verify or disprove the claim saving time, money and resources.
- Improved customer service. As the time spent chasing down missed rent cheques diminishes, your team will have more time to focus on building better relationships with owners and residents and attending to their needs. In addition, you can send and sign a lease agreement and run credit cheques using liv.rent. In other words, you can take care of business from anywhere, anytime!
- Controlled management fees. The simplified processes around property acquisition, management and rent collection will streamline overhead costs. Moreover, the credit card enabled rent payments ensure fewer missed payments and eliminates other risks associated with cash payment collection.
- Smaller carbon footprint. The less paper we use and fewer trips to office required, the better off we all are!
Any or all of these reasons for green property management will reduce clutter, streamline processes, simplify property management and, invariably make you more organized and successful regardless of how many properties you manage.
Enjoy the freedom!